REFUND AND RETURNS POLICY
Customer satisfaction is important to us and we understand that sometimes things don’t work as planned and exactly for this reason, we offer a straight forward returns policy for all our appliances.
While simple in nature, our refund and returns policy does take into consideration the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 and does not replace or limit any of those provisions.
When may you return goods for a refund?
- When you were not afforded to view the product before purchasing it, in any form, before delivery, and the product is different to what was purchased.
- When appliances are mechanically and operationally defective and this excludes visual imperfection (scratch and dents), as all appliances are offered on a “scratch and dent” basis, meaning that all appliances may be slightly damaged.
Conditions for Return:
- You will need to provide proof of purchase.
- Appliances (other than defective appliances) to be reported or returned within 10 business days of the collection or delivery date.
- Defective appliances must be returned as soon as reasonably possible after the defect is known, and no later than 6 months from the delivery or collection thereof.
- In all cases, returns will only be considered for appliances that have not been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, damaged or tampered with, permanently installed after delivery or collection and instances relating to inappropriate use or negligent use by the consumer.
- We do not allow for returns based on anti-selection, where you simply change your mind or have made the wrong decision.
Process for Return:
- Please contact our customer service team at 021 552 6648 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your proof of purchase to initiate a return process.
- Once we have received your request, a job card will be created.
- Once we receive the item, we will inspect it and process your refund, exchange or store credit as requested.
Time Frame for Return:
- Within the first 10 days of purchase, customers may request:
– Store credit
- Within the first 6 months of purchase, customers may request:
– Store credit
– Refund of the purchase price paid (only in the case of a defect)
- Cape Town Appliances reserves the right to repair items older than 6 months as outlined in the Consumer Protection Act of South Africa.
Cost of Return:
- Delivery costs are non-refundable as stated on your invoice.
- In the event that an item is defective, we will collect and deliver your exchanged appliance at no additional cost.
- Refunds due will be paid directly into a customer’s bank account.
- Refunds will be processed and paid within 2 business days.
- We may charge a reasonable fee to restore the goods to their original condition for re-sale, should there be neglect or customer abuse.
We reserve the right to inspect any returned appliance, to ascertain whether the appliance has been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, damaged or tampered with, after delivery or collection, whether the defect was present at the time purchase or thereafter.
- Items that show signs of wear and tear or customer abuse will not be accepted for return.
NEED SOME ASSISTANCE?