CAPE TOWN APPLIANCES AND THE POPI ACT
Dear site visitor
Please see below a brief overview of what data we collect about you when visiting our website, how we store such data and for what purpose we apply it.
For further information, you are welcome to contact our designated Public Officer whose details appear at the end of this document.
Who we are
Cape Town Appliances is a registered Close Corporation under South African law.
Cape Town Appliances specialises in the service and sales of domestic appliances and operates from Unit 1, 29 Montague Drive. Montague Gardens.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Our website may collect both personal and anonymous user data for the following purposes:
- Personal data may be collected when you submit queries through our online forms with such submissions being voluntary. Where such data is collected, it will be applied only for the purpose for which it was required (for example, to contact you or carry out your request) and will be retained only for that purpose and for follow up on your satisfaction with our service,
- Anonymous user data may also be collected for analytical purposes (for example, page visit statistics or user flow patterns), but such data does not contain any personal identifying information as it is collated to show trends in overall site visitor behaviours.
Who we share your data with
We respect your privacy and do not share your data with any other party.
How long we retain your data
We retain the personal data volunteered through our online form submissions for only as long as is required to deliver on your request for information, products or services and to follow up thereon.
Your billing data will only be kept on our files for the duration of your business relationship with us, where it will be applied for billing purposes.
What rights you have over your data
Should you wish for us to delete your data from our records, please click here to email us and we will gladly do so.
Where we store your data
Any data collected via the website is stored on the same dedicated hosting server on which the website runs. All information shared with the server, via the website forms, is encrypted using https protocol for your peace of mind.
What data breach procedures we have in place
With a view to protecting your interests:
- We only store data to the extent that it is required to respond to your query, and / or deliver on your request and follow up thereon,
- All information exchanged between your computer, tablet or phone’s browser and the website server is encrypted and secure; this is indicated by the ‘https’ pre-fix and green padlock that may be seen in the URL bar when visiting our website,
- All data is stored on the same web server as the website, so it is not moved or transmitted in any way to any second party storage mechanism or facility,
- If you share your banking details when making a purchase on any of our e-commerce websites, this occurs within the PayFast secure payment gateway and is not stored on our website or web server.
NEED SOME ASSISTANCE?